LastPass is an app that you can use for desktop if you have the Windows OS installed on your computer. With this app, you will be able to easily store and access personal information that you have saved within the app from the vault. You will be able to easily store up to a maximum of 5,000 items. However, you can expect performance levels to decline a bit when there are over 2,500 items stored in the system.
Note: Keep in mind, those of you with the free version won’t have access to the above mentioned amount of storage. Make sure you check this Lastpass VS Premium Comparison.
Some of the benefits of this application are as follows:
- Auto prefill of your login information, and for your password to be remembered to easily login each time.
- You can customize your preferences rather easily within this app. There are various tools and ways to manage your information within the vault to your personal likings.
- Use the system tray icon for launching your application through LastPass.
Installing and Logging in
- Choose the version you would like to download (64-bit or 32 bit), and install it to your computer.
- After installation is completed the Inactive LastPass icon will be available in the System Tray. Click on this icon and then click “Login.”
- Enter your username when the login window pops open on the screen, and then you would need to enter the Master Password. You can also choose from these options:
- Check off the boxes that allow you to choose the option for the app to remember your password and your email (of course this is optional).
- If you need help and forget your password, you can always choose the option: “Forgot my password.” And then you will be able to easily reset it with the email that’s on file you’re your accounts.
- Clicking on the “Screen Keyboard” allows a new tab to be opened in the web browser to enter in your Master Password. You can type this in with this on screen keyboard.
- Click on “Create an Account,” if you are not an existing LastPass user.
- After you have logged in, you will see that an active LastPass icon appears in your try area. Click on the active LastPass icon to access all of the features that are available in the system tray for you to use. The tools that are made available will allow you to store all of your personal information. This information will autofill when you are signing up for various different websites.
- Next, you can add an application. Adding an application to LastPass isn’t very hard to do for storing your information. All you need to do is launch the application that you desire to add. Don’t log into the app when you do this. Click on the LastPass icon while it is active, then you select the desired application that you would like to add to your app. All of the applications that you add should be easy to access.